AQ700 Discrete Analyzer
The highest capacity and throughput offered in a discrete analyzer.
The AQ700 is the highest throughput and highest capacity discrete analyzer offered by Seal Analytical. The system has four robotic arms and four sample trays which allow for a long walkaway time and unattended operation in your environmental chemistry laboratory. This compact, bench-top analyzer has been designed by chemists to address the needs of high throughput environmental laboratories requiring a wide range of chemistries, limits of detection that ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and integration with LIMS. Like the other Discrete Analyzers in the SEAL range, the AQ700 will give you the best analysis and eliminate problems inherent in analyzers designed for clinical use. SEAL Analytical has the largest installed base of Discrete Analyzers in the USA and we continue to develop the software and hardware for the specific needs of environmental samples.
Why Select the AQ700 Discrete Analyzer for Your Environmental Analytical Chemistry?
The AQ700 gives you:
- True unattended operation with the ability to run overnight
- Automated standard preparation and dilution of over range samples
- Ability to add samples after the run has started
- Advanced robotics for faster sample preparation/ hour.
- No carry-over or cross contamination.
- EPA recommended optically pure and inert glass cuvette.
- Optional longer path length. Standard 1cm path length.
- Lower detection limits.
- True automated sample blanking
- Automated spiking
- Easy maintenance & easy change syringe
- Cooled and non-cooled reagent positions
- Prepares up to 10 working standards for the calibration curve.
- The chemical reaction is brought to full completion emulating manual and segmented flow methods.
- Ultra low reagent consumption.
- Add samples after a run has started.
- Tests programmable per sample to reduce analysis time.
- Completely unattended operation ideal for overnight-programed runs.
- Methods have USEPA approval for both wastewater and drinking water.
- UKAS methods equivalent to "UK Blue Book"
Discrete Analyzer Methods
The broad range of methods for the SEAL AQ700 Discrete Analyzer include analytes important for environmental laboratories analyzing water, wastewater, soils etc. Methods include:
- Nitrate / Nitrite
- Phosphate, ortho
- Phosphorous, total
- Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen
- Total Phosphorous
.... And more.
How Does the SEAL AQ700 Discrete Analyzer Work?
- The SEAL AQ700 uses four robotic sampling arms, four sampling trays, and a stepper-motor driven syringe to aspirate, dispense and mix precise quantities of sample and reagent into miniaturised test tubes (reaction wells).
- Samples and reagents are incubated in the reaction wells for a pre-programmed time.
- A single aliquot is transferred to the stop/ flow optical quality glass cuvette. The absorbance is read in the stationary optical bench for the best signal to noise ratio.
- Reaction times are programmable from seconds to minutes, with the optimized methods bringing the chemical reaction to full completion and steady state, emulating manual and segmented flow methods, ensuring the lowest detection limits & good reproducibility.
- A second robotic arm moves reactant/ sample from the reaction wells to the detection area. The sample is always read in the same position in front of the detector, in the same glass cuvette, eliminating issues of scratching & reaction well variability found with direct read systems. As the liquid is moved, not the tray, fewer moving parts means higher reliability.
- With the unique probe washer, water is pumped through the probe washer as the probe moves up and down through it, to clean the outside before dipping in the next liquid. This eliminates potential cross contamination from reagent drips.
- Once the absorbance is ready, the cuvette is automatically and thoroughly cleaned, eliminating carry over or cross contamination.
Download Portuguese brochure